WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Qualities we look for:
* Focused on the safety of self and others.
* Takes pride in a job well done.
* High sense of urgency.
* Proven reliability (Exceptional punctuality and attendance record)
* Positive attitude; eager to learn, grow and contribute.
What you need to succeed:
* Maintain the functionality and efficiency of the production machinery; perform regular preventative and corrective maintenance that will require a strong ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, vacuum systems and steam & boiler controls, and mechanical power drives.
* Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motors and controls with the ability to read and understand blue prints. Their responsibilities also include the assembly, installation and fabrication of equipment as needed.
* Participation in Safety Reviews, Safety Training, and Safety Audits under the direction of plant management.
* Ability to work in a very fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Ability to learn quickly with on-the-job training.
* Possess strong reasoning and problem solving skills, to reduce machine downtime and quickly address problems.
* Possess strong attention to quality and detail.
* A commitment to alerting the management team when safety, quality, or other production issues arise.
* Ability to read and understand production specifications.
* Willing and able to work mandatory overtime, including extended weekday hours, and Saturdays.
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
* Must provide own tools (Specialty tools provided by the company).
* Ability to lift and transfer up to 10 lbs. frequently.
* Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds multiple times throughout the day
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to high heat and humidity indoors, during the summer months.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
* Must have 2-3 years of successful electrical troubleshooting and repair experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment) and be able to operate small machinery (lathe, drill press, welding equipment).
* At least one full year of mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience.
* Committed to tasks: Able to commence and continue specific courses of action with urgency.
* Maintain positive relationships with plant management, supervisors, office and operational employees.
* Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds multiple times throughout the day.
* Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
* Maintenance Training is provided and required.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Preferred associates degree in electrical field but not required.
* Preference will be given to applicants with PLC 5000 knowledge, training and education
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled