Accountable for an accident free work environment by managing the department safety work order backlog and maintaining a zero quarterly backlog (within control). Coordinate scheduled shutdown and unscheduled outage lockout and tag out.
Deliver operational excellence by coordinating activities between Production and Maintenance by leading the EPAM process which includes: Prioritizing daily work, planning, scheduled shutdowns, and managing maintenance backlogs, reduce break in work, and take the lead in LOTO, safety, and audit items which need both Production and Maintenance follow-up.
- Keeping “planned work order” backlog according to guidelines; utilize backlog to schedule daily and weekly work list.
- Prioritizing and approving break-in or emergency work.
- Prioritizing work order backlog.
- Scheduling on-the-run backlog.
- Screening and approving all work orders for asset area; assuring quality of all work orders (coding accuracy, symptoms, accurately described).
- Serving as project originator for maintenance capital in asset area, including documentation.
- Being a technical resource for solving chronic and repeat failures, with reliability engineer.
- Planning the installation and startup of new equipment to minimize the upset of normal operations.
- Work with training resources to maintain detailed, structured on-the-job training manuals for department tasks and jobs.
Seek personal development and growth.
Assist other department Superintendents in troubleshooting.
Working at Westrock requires safety excellence. This means that the basic promise we make to one another as employees of the mill is to work safely, to do everything necessary so that everybody goes home safe every day.
- Every job includes consistently recognizing and controlling hazards and hazardous activities involving ourselves, and acting to stop unsafe actions of coworkers.
- Every job includes continually striving to improve our safety and health processes, including providing the tools and training necessary to safely perform our jobs.
What you'll need to succeed:
Teamwork skills,Leadership skills, interpersonal skills, Ability to manage change and Conflict Resolution skills, good computer skills, self-starter, strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, highly skilled in group communication as well as one to one communication. Ability to determine effective and appropriate means of communication.
- Fundamental understanding of mill processes affecting Pulp & Paper Mill operations, preferred 5-years of operational and/or maintenance experience; Engineering degree or equivalent operations experience.
- Familiar with statistical process control.
Knowledge of maintenance management principles including but not limited to precision maintenance, Preventative maintenance, root cause failure analysis, shutdown and contingency planning, and computer-based maintenance work systems; desire to work with maintenance as a team