Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanical – Tacoma, WA
Primarily responsible for supervising the maintenance mechanics in his specific area of responsibility, i.e. paper mill, pulp mill, power department, etc. Is responsible for the safety, training and assignment of work to the maintenance personnel in his area; responsible for maintenance spending in his area along with the other members of the maintenance team, maintenance planner, operating department maintenance coordinator and operating department superintendent; responsible for seeing that mechanics conduct themselves in accordance with all corporate, division and mill safety and environmental rules and procedures; responsible for making sure that the mechanics in his/her area are using the proper parts and practices to complete all maintenance work. Responsible for maintaining the equipment in his area in such a way that the equipment has the maximum possible uptime at the lowest possible cost. Expected to be the chief troubleshooter on the equipment in his/her area. Communicates well both oral and written form.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Trouble shooting equipment and providing direction to mechanics.
· Attend field day meetings.
· Be able to use the storeroom to identify parts.
· Attend training & other meetings.
· Conduct safety audits of mechanics & work area.
· Working night & weekend duty assignments supervising mechanics.
· Attend daily planning with area maintenance team.
· Visit work sights to review mechanics work, etc.
· Hold tool box safety & morning assignment meeting. Lead morning Stretch and Flex
· Filling out daily time sheets for mechanics.
- Working knowledge of lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Be able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Adopt and Champion precision maintenance principles.
- Execute EPAM principles
- Familiar with MS suite including MS Project.
- Able to use mill CMMS system to write work request, locate parts and create requisitions
What you need to succeed:
BSME preferred with 5 + years of experience
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.