WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Vibration Technician - Tacoma, WA
801 E Portland Ave
Tacoma, Washington, 98421
Seeking qualified candidates to fill vibration technician position in the maintenance department. Perform condition-based monitoring to maintain the safe and reliable operation of associated equipment. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safely, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, Hearing protection and personal protective equipment, provided by the company, is required as some jobs include exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes.
What you need to succeed:
Education / Experience:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent – required
- Post high school technical coursework preferred
- Minimum 5 years vibration analysis experience in industrial/manufacturing environment
- ISO Category III Vibration Analysis Certification required.
- Familiarity with CSI/Emerson Machinery Health Manager Software preferred
- Ability to do shift work, including weekend and night shift if needed
- Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Pass Drug Screen, Reference & Background Screening
- Comply with all mill and area safety rules and expectations.
Report any deficiencies observed to your supervisor, area manager, or shift foreman immediately.
Ensure hazards are taped/barricaded and labeled prior to leaving area to alert other personnel to the observed hazards.
WORKING SAFELY IS A PRIORITY!
- Comply with all mill and area environmental inspections and expectations.
Report any deficiencies observed to your supervisor, area manager, shift foreman, or environmental manager.
- Maintain a route adherence of greater than 90%
- Analyze greater than 95% of all assigned area exceptions within 1 week of alert
- Continuous improvement of route efficiency by identifying criticality of equipment in assigned areas and making recommendations for strategy improvement.
- Keep equipment database up to date with current operating parameters (e.g., RPM, bearing & coupling types/sizes, impeller design, reduction ratio).
- Utilize the machinery health software as effectively as possible.
Includes maintaining and updating as necessary the alarm limits, equipment routes, machinery health reports, and analysis parameter sets to optimize current and historical equipment documentation.
- Maintain and install, as necessary to improve route performance, permanently mounted accelerometers in assigned areas.
- Report any repairs to wired sensors that require assistance from other trades to get planned and scheduled at the earliest convenience.
Develop and implement plans to obtain spectral data on affected equipment until such a time repairs can be made.
- Keep the equipment Condition Monitoring Status Report up to date and current with recommended work for assigned areas.
- Initiate written Work Requests that clearly define the identified problems and recommended repairs on equipment in assigned areas.
- Stay current of all scheduled downtimes in assigned areas.
Ensure that all equipment with identified defects that are recommended for repair/replacement are on the work list as early as possible to support effective planning and scheduling.
- Collect 100% of failed bearings, whether replaced on a downtime or on a break-in Work Order.
Analyze, document, and report on findings within 5 business days of planned/scheduled work and within 48 hours of unplanned/break-in work.
- Keep analysis equipment, collection sensors, work areas, and department storage areas as clean and organized as possible.
- Work together as a team to learn and train each other, make critical calls together, and support the recommendations made by the team.
- Work in conjunction with the Lubrication Technicians and area managers/personnel to troubleshoot equipment and improve reliability of equipment in assigned areas.
- Demonstrates initiative and is self-directed, anticipating needs and suggesting improvements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong teamwork style and a passion for achieving goals.
Able to manage competing and fluid priorities.
- Interface effectively with operational, maintenance and management personnel to assure continuity of efforts.
How you will impact WestRock:
Apply your skills to increase efficiency, reliability and productivity in WestRock’s manufacturing environment as you own assignments which support multiple departments. In this role, heavy emphasis is placed on safety, teamwork, initiative, organizational skills and problem solving. As a steward of the community, you will also gain a knowledge and appreciation for reducing environmental impact as a professional working in the Tacoma Tide-flats.
What we offer:
- Work culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Daily shift, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 pm.
Some OT and shift work is required.
- Pay rates based on 3 tier skill levels.
- Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, STD & LTD available to the employee and his/her family on the first of the month following 45 days of employment.
Must join union.
- A career with a packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
To apply: Please visit the WestRock website www.westrock.com
Under Careers & Location: search for Tacoma Mill / Vibration Technician.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.