About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Reliability Engineering Coordinator, Solvay Mill - Syracuse, NY
53 Industrial Dr.
Syracuse, New York, 13204
The Reliability Coordinator provides leadership and engineering support to improve and optimize the overall reliability of production systems, equipment, and processes. This role interacts with all of Reliability & Maintenance and all operating areas. The Reliability Coordinator reports to the Maintenance Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Utilize WestRock’s Enterprise Asset Management System (J.D. Edwards) to implement world class:
- Predictive (PDM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) program
- Precision Maintenance Practices
- Workflow Planning and Execution
- Responsible for the development, execution, and continuous improvement of the PM and PDM Program, including:
- Vibration Analysis
- Infrared Thermography
- Oil and Lubricant Analysis
- Lubrication rounds/program
- Periodic Inspections
- Motor Circuit Analysis
- Facilitate PM Optimization program to ensure effectiveness of PM system.
- Identify areas of Reliability improvement opportunity through Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Best Practices, Bad Actor analysis, and other methods.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the overall reliability of the mill, and help improve the effectiveness of the reliability and maintenance team.
- Champion and facilitate the RCFA Process for the entire mill. Provide technical expertise and support to others in identifying and resolving root causes of reliability, maintenance, and operational failures.
- Participation and facilitation of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence activities to improve reliability.
- Serve as a resource for operators and maintenance to learn and understand more about maintenance processes and their related systems and strategies.
- Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting and problem solving. Evaluate new and emerging technologies for improving the reliability of the mill.
- Train or coordinate training sessions for mill personnel in important reliability techniques.
- Manage and facilitate mill Pressure Vessel and Tank program.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within processes, equipment/controls, environmental/safety areas, employee work environment, costs, quality, etc…
- Provide direct oversight, direction and support the development for the Maintenance Engineer
- Support the mill’s ISO requirements.
- Assist on mill wide projects as needed.
What you need to succeed:
Preventive and Predictive technologies and their application in industry
RCFA and other formal problem solving approaches.
Precision Maintenance Best Practices
Process and Systems Improvement
CMMS, in general and JD Edwards, specifically.
Paper Manufacturing Process
Build consensus among diverse groups with minimal conflict.
Work both independently and with others to accomplish tasks.
Lead teams of Maintenance employees.
Understand business and financial systems and application of systems and data.
Form effective business relationships/partnerships at various levels within the company to accomplish desired results.
These abilities and knowledge are usually obtained through self-study, company seminars and meetings, computer based training, and on the job application.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing or maintenance environment preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably in an engineering or technology arena).
Proven Leadership skills in developing strategies to attain performance objectives required.
Experience using Reliability tools such as Pareto analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) preferred.
Experience working with advanced Predictive Maintenance tools such as Infrared, Vibration, Oil, and Ultrasonic analysis, shaft and machine alignment, and precision maintenance preferred.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.