About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Mechanical - Solvay, NY
53 Industrial Dr.
Syracuse, New York, 13204
Essential Job Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute work for both individual and small group effort
- Utilizing multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills, and training.
- Understanding of mill equipment and processes.
- Computer literate.
- Effective trouble-shooter within area of expertise.
- Possess initiative; attention to detail; follow-through.
- Fifty pounds lifting capability; normal hearing/vision with correction; ability to climb stairs and catwalks
- Minimum: high school diploma; journey level; or trade school and equivalent experience (5 years' industrial experience).
Preferred Job Requirements:
Journeyman card; some college, & or vocational/technical training.
Responsible for maximizing mill efficiency by supporting Operations and Maintenance Teams through participation in:
- Effective first response to unplanned mill shutdown situations
- Equipment/process optimization
- Planning and executing shutdown activities
- Supports continuous improvement of preventive maintenance
- Participates in trouble-shooting efforts to respond to equipment failures and/or process deficiencies
- Participates in root cause analysis and execution of corrective actions to minimize recurrence of unplanned shutdowns
- Responsible for vendor contact as requested
- Will work with Planners to identify procurement needs
- Member of rotation pool to support Shift Teams
- Minimum 44 hours per week with extended hours to meet mill needs including call-ins
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/