WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Control Technician - Summerville, SC
4531-Summerville Lumber Mill
200 N Maple St
Summerville, South Carolina, 29483
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the
marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world
from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America,
South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Controls Technician – Summerville, SC
Control Technician is responsible for maintaining and supporting key mill equipment
run by electrical systems and automated process control systems and their
essential components. The Process
Control Technician tests, troubleshoots, identifies causes, and repairs
production equipment. Also guides
solutions for maintenance and operations and works very closely with vendors on
installation and equipment upgrade projects, and helps to drive projects to
How you will impact WestRock:
- Maintain new and existing projects for standard and custom control systems and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and make upgrades when necessary.
- Assist in formulating standards / work procedures and evaluate and manage processes and equipment operation to meet or exceed those standards.
- Troubleshoot, implement, and document control solutions for Grading Systems and custom planer and infeed systems.
- Read and understand diagrams and electrical drawings to understand processes and potential opportunities for improvement.
- Execute programming and software changes to support new and existing control systems or components of a process.
- Support other departments to address needs that arise during daily operations
- Maintain the interfaces and collaborate with other departments to make sure process data is appropriately captured and updated.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all hardware associated with the control applications
- Measure time, methods, and motion involved and recommend more efficient processes to improve production systems.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Maintain backups of programs from electrical devices.
- Understands and is able to trouble-shoot and repair motor drives and controllers.
- Ensure routine machine maintenance and calibrations are completed accurately and on time.
- Serve as a liaison between mill personnel and contractors
What you need to succeed:
- Required: 5+ years of industrial hands on experience in electrical maintenance of production machinery in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working in a lumber or wood products mill.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and implementing PLCs.
- Experience troubleshooting and installing Grading Systems, custom planers, and infeed systems.
- Experience in mechanical maintenance to include, but not limited to, Preventive/Predictive maintenance, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Able to work other shifts, overtime, and available for weekend on call rotation.
- Experience with MS Software including capability
to use email, compile reports and spreadsheets for parts and project tracking,
and prepare technical reports for documenting issues/changes to equipment.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Electronics Technology, Electrical Systems, or equivalent certification
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: