WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Summerville, SC
309 N Maple St
Summerville, South Carolina, 29483
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated
paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's
50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320
operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe,
Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are seeking a skilled industrial Millwright/Technician for our Lumber
Manufacturing Mill located in Summerville S.C.
Responsibilities of our Maintenance Technicians include, but aren't limited
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repair machinery and equipment to help
ensure continued production.
- Proactively inspect and maintain equipment to help avoid costly
- Use a variety of hand tools, measuring tools, and equipment for cutting,
welding, and fabricating to completed necessary repairs and installations.
- Utilize cranes and trucks to complete large projects
- Assist operators as needed to help make sure the plant and all machines
- Clean up at the end of shift to make sure your job site(s) are
well-organized and free of unnecessary clutter
- Always work safe and comply with workplace safety laws and
What you need to succeed:
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing both hydraulic and
pneumatic machinery and equipment in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete installations and repairs safely,
accurately, and in a timely manner
- Experience welding and fabricating materials and parts
- Knowledge of manufacturing machinery, equipment, and tools, including their
designs and uses
- Strong commitment to safety
- Experience working with or around electrical connections
- Good attitude and communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in the lumber industry preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and
Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily