WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Maintenance Technician - Summerville, SC
200 N Maple St
Summerville, South Carolina, 29483
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the
marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world
from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America,
South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical Maintenance Technician – Summerville,
Electrical Maintenance Technician utilizes both electrical / electronic maintenance
skills and knowledge (PLC’s, A/C, D/C motors and drives, schematics) to service,
troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment within the Summerville Lumber Mill
to maximize mill equipment reliability and availability. Summerville Lumber Mill is a non-climate
controlled mill, meaning you will be required to safely perform work in
conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as outdoors during
inclement winter, including exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily.
will impact WestRock:
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Install and repair electrical
equipment and fixtures
- Troubleshoot motor and control
- Perform routine maintenance on
electrical wiring and systems
- Inspect or test machinery or
equipment to diagnose electrical malfunctions, using test equipment or software
- Inspect components of industrial
equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as
loose connections or frayed wires.
- Study blueprints, schematics,
manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Maintain equipment logs that record
performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests.
- Calibrate testing instruments and
installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Work closely with Millwrights and
Operations to troubleshoot and make repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- High school
diploma or GED
- Electrical or
Maintenance Technician diploma/degree with on the job experience, preferred
- 3+ years
relevant industrial or manufacturing experience as an Electrical
- Prior electrical
maintenance experience in a Lumber mill, preferred
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with PLCs
- Working knowledge of electrical system and equipment reliability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career
with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is
an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse
workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.