WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are seeking a skilled industrial Millwright/Technician for our Lumber Manufacturing Mill located in Summerville S.C.
Responsibilities of our Maintenance Technicians include, but aren't limited to:
* Installing, troubleshooting, and repair machinery and equipment to help ensure continued production.
* Proactively inspect and maintain equipment to help avoid costly failures
* Use a variety of hand tools, measuring tools, and equipment for cutting, welding, and fabricating to completed necessary repairs and installations.
* Utilize cranes and trucks to complete large projects
* Assist operators as needed to help make sure the plant and all machines operate efficiently
* Clean up at the end of shift to make sure your job site(s) are well-organized and free of unnecessary clutter
* Always work safe and comply with workplace safety laws and requirements
What you need to succeed:
* Experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing both hydraulic and pneumatic machinery and equipment in an industrial manufacturing facility
* Ability to troubleshoot and complete installations and repairs safely, accurately, and in a timely manner
* Experience welding and fabricating materials and parts
* Knowledge of manufacturing machinery, equipment, and tools, including their designs and uses
* Strong commitment to safety
* Experience working with or around electrical connections
* Good attitude and communication skills
* Ability to demonstrate welding and cutting skills
* High School Diploma or GED
* Prior experience in the lumber industry preferred
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled