WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Supervisor - Stevenson, AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the work of mechanical maintenance personnel within the mill. The Supervisor ensures the safety of the workforce, provides quality and efficient execution of assigned work, monitors staff and crew performance, provides problem analysis for equipment history, submits accurate reports of work execution, takes appropriate action in response to emergencies, and administers company policies as they relate to assigned personnel.
How you will impact WestRock:
Provide direct supervision to hourly maintenance personnel. Lead tool box safety & morning assignment meeting for daily repair work activities.
Administers and model’s safety in his/her area of responsibility; Participates in and supports the safety programs for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees.
Conduct safety audits of mechanics & work area.
Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA and plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices by setting and leading clear expectations for the team.
- Function as a resource of information on safety and technical related issues.
Sets expectations of the crews and provides direction using SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely)
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly inspections of equipment are being made.
- Coordinates and recommends purchasing of maintenance parts and equipment.
- Coordinates training of the workforce as needed and ensures appropriate disciplinary actions are taken when deemed necessary. Insures compliance with the Union contract and company policy.
- Supervises and inspects repair and maintenance work to ensure that the most effective, efficient and up-to-date maintenance and repair technology and practices are used in a safe and professional manner.
- Reviews maintenance work orders and other written notes and information to determine priority of need based on production schedules and urgency of problems to plan repairs, meet schedules, address breakdowns and special equipment needs.
- Audit job sites daily to review mechanics work and provide leadership.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or 5 years of equivalent maintenance experience preferred.
- Working experience in CMMS (JDE, PassPort, SAP)
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Project) and CMMS systems.
- An understanding of precision maintenance practices and experience with leading a precision culture.
- Experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in heavy industry with strong preference for a pulp and paper manufacturing background.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.