WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Mechanic, Solvay Mill - Syracuse, NY
1932-1998 Milton Ave.
Solvay, New York, 13209
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to be located in Solvay, NY. This Maintenance Technician position inspects, tests, repairs, installs, and maintains mechanical and/or electrical equipment for production and process equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications. This facility is operated as a team concept mill and all individuals are required to work to their potential. This job description does not in any way limit the responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician - Mechanical position.
What you need to succeed:
- Journeyman Certificate, some college, and/or vocational/technical training
- 5 years' industrial experience, or equivalent military experience
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute work for both individual and small group effort
- Utilizing multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills, and training.
- Understanding of mill equipment and processes.
- Computer literate.
- Effective trouble-shooter within area of expertise.
- Possess initiative; attention to detail; follow-through.
- Fifty pounds lifting capability; normal hearing/vision with correction; ability to climb stairs and catwalks
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to work in a rotation pool to support Shift Teams
- Ability to work a minimum 44 hours per week with extended hours to meet mill needs including call-ins
How you will impact WestRock:
- You will maximize mill efficiency by supporting Operations and Maintenance Teams through participation in the following:
- Effective first response to unplanned mill shut down situations
- Equipment/process optimization
- Planning and executing shutdown activities
- Supports continuous improvement of preventive maintenance
- Participate in trouble-shooting efforts to respond to equipment failures and/or process deficiencies
- Participate in root cause analysis and execution of corrective actions to minimize recurrence of unplanned shutdown
- You will be responsible for vendor contact as requested
- Collaborate with Planners to identify procurement needs
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans