Seattle, Washington -- Corrugated Plant
WestRock's Seattle container plant is located near the I-5 corridor in the industrial heart of Seattle. The plant operates from a 130,000 sq. ft. facility, and has 70-million square feet of monthly production capacity. Originally built in 1954, the Seattle plant has serviced an ever-expanding market in western Washington, British Columbia, Alaska and Hawaii. The markets for our boxes include wine and beverage, fish, meat and poultry, food processors, and fresh produce. High-end graphics and point-of-purchase requirements are a large part of our business mix. WestRock's Seattle plant is one of a network of well-equipped corrugated container plants we own throughout the United States. We have a strong focus on continuous improvement, and we invite those with high standards for quality and customer service to apply.
Job Summary: As a WestRock maintenance mechanic, you will take responsibility to safely and efficiently diagnose and repair machinery throughout plant. You will be charged with diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems. The mechanic will conduct preventative maintenance to mitigate machine downtime. Individual will take ownership of daily assigned work and complete repairs within specified time frames.
Maintenance Mechanical / Electrical Responsibilities:
* Ensure production machinery functions correctly and efficiently.
* Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery.
* Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, and vacuum systems.
* Have a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motors and controls.
* Ability to read and understand blue prints.
* Assemble, install and fabricate equipment as needed (welding will be required).
* Will work with steam and boiler controls and mechanical power drives.
* Will assist support staff to ensure inventory counts are accurate.
* Minimum high school diploma or GED.
* 2-3 years of successful electrical troubleshooting and repair experience.
* At least one full year of mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience.
* Committed to tasks: Able to commence and continue specific courses of action with urgency.
* Maintain positive relationships with plant management, supervisors, office and operational employees.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas of maintenance.
* Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds multiple times throughout the day.
* Must be able to provide own tools (specialty tools supplied by company).
* Must be willing to work all shifts. This position will rotate between days and swings.
* A maintenance training program is provided and required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled