WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Manager - Tupelo, MS
324 Turner Industrial Park Rd
Saltillo, Mississippi, 38866
Maintenance Manager – Tupelo, MS
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager at our corrugated packaging plant in Tupelo, MS. The Maintenance Manager will oversee and ensure maintenance programs are executed in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner by providing leadership and guidance to the Department.
How you will impact WestRock:
· You will direct, maintain, and participate in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
· You will implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
· You will minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement by reviewing the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly
· Communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
· Utilize and maintain JDE system for tracking work orders, PM’s, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Track, analyze and improve key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
· Ensure that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
· Conduct salaried performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the salaried maintenance staff. Provide for training and development as well as coaching and discipline of both salaried and hourly employees.
· Assist in the budgeting, capital planning and financial review of plant performance.
· Maintain compliance with all environmental policies and procedures; ensure that all city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
What you need to succeed:
· BS – Engineering (preferred)
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience
· 2 years of experience as maintenance manager in heavy industry / manufacturing
· Corrugated box plant experience highly desired
· Electro-mechanical knowledge and experience required
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Ability to communicate effectively across departments
· Excellent problem-solving ability
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.