WestRock – Corrugated Container Division
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager at our corrugated container Plant in Tupelo, MS. The Maintenance Manager will oversee and ensure maintenance programs are executed in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner by providing leadership and guidance to the Department.
· Directs, maintains, participates in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
· Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
· Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
· Utilizes and maintains JDE system for tracking work orders, PM’s, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
· Ensures that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
· Conducts salaried performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the salaried maintenance staff. Provides for training and development as well as coaching and discipline of both salaried and union employees.
· Maintains and consistently applies a thorough working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Assists in the budgeting, capital planning and financial review of plant performance.
· Maintains compliance with all environmental policies and procedures; ensures that all city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
Essential Job Requirements:
· BS – Engineering (preferred)
· Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience
· 2 years experience as maintenance manager in heavy industry.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Ability to communicate effectively across departments
· Excellent problem solving ability