WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintain machinery and equipment, concentrating on electro - mechanical systems to ensure OEM quality and operational excellence.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Maintenance of plant equipment, including Corrugator, Flexo Printers, Rotary die cutters, Folder Gluers, Wax cascading systems.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- PLC experience a plus along with electrical trouble shooting including drives, contactors, relay logic, etc.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges and dial indicators.
- Fabricates repair parts by using shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides maintenance information by using CMMS.
- Provides training and guidance to other Maintenance Techs to improve overall department performance.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications provided by company.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Exhibits WestRock Culture in all facets of the job.
What you need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or GED; some college or training in a technical field.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in Industrial Maintenance
- Basic Safety, Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Initiative and Sense of urgency, Deal well with uncertainty, Power Tools, Attention to detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.