WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Richmond, VA
5710 S Laburnum Ave
Richmond, Virginia, 23231
• Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of production equipment, i.e. corrugator, die cut or flexo machines.
• Repairs and maintains facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air).
• Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
• Prepares and operates machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
• Troubleshoots electric and electronic problems.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components.
• Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant.
• Performs preventative maintenance.
• Builds custom parts on demand.
• Maintains accurate maintenance records.
• Operates scissors and forklifts.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
● 2nd or 3rd shift, must be available for daily overtime and/or weekends, as needed
How you will impact WestRock:
· Focus and dedication to a safe work environment
· Driven to achieve and maintain performance excellence
· Team goal oriented
What you need to succeed:
- Prior experience in manufacturing/warehouse or mechanical environment preferred
- Proficient in reading blueprints and schematics
- Strong technical knowledge of general mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Computer skills
- Ability to follow established process and procedures
- Ability to work in fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend or walk consistently
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive wage and benefits package
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.