About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Tech - Portland, OR
6328 SE 100th
Portland, Oregon, 97266
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Tech at our Portland, OR, recycle facility. The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics, and have basic troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Providing safe and timely mechanical support
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment
What you need to succeed:
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, including conveyors is preferred.
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems experience a must.
- Ability to trouble shoot and perform minor repairs to diesel forklifts and wheel loaders.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed to support the operation.
- Welding experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Military training and or Technical School preferred
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.