Maintenance Mechanic - Portland Container
9930 N Burgard Way
Portland, Oregon, 97203
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for its Corrugated Container plant in Portland, OR. We are a team based continuous improvement environment and are looking for strong team players. Candidates with a versatile background in an industrial setting with mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills can fill this opportunity immediately. Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and mandatory overtime as necessary.
How you will impact WestRock:
Provide safe and timely mechanical and electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment.
Mechanical setup and adjustment to manufacturing equipment to change product size and optimize equipment performance.
Complete preventative maintenance tasks on a defined schedule.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuilding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic parts and subassemblies as required to efficiently maintain production floor capacity and capabilities.
- Provide appropriate communications with production floor staff on machine condition, effective setup and run conditions and repair status; work with plant leaders on equipment production schedules.
- Job duties may include: conveyer repairs, lubrication, electrical panels, hazardous waste, universal waste, waste water, painting, air conditioning, fire system checks, water valve, water chemistry, welding, brazing, forklift, boomlift, aerial boom, boiler room, bailer room, alarm system, miscellaneous duties for the plant and general offices.
What you need to succeed:
- 3 years experience as a mechanic in an industrial environment
- Educational background including associates degree, certification, trade school or apprenticeship in maintenance highly considered, extensive experience in lieu of education also recognized.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Experience in TPM, Lean, 5S or other continuous improvement methodology preferred.
- Prior experience working on a Flexo Folder Gluer, Die Cut or Corrugator machine or other similar equipment highly preferred.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.