WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler, 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Patchogue, NY
Material Handler – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Material Handler for the 2nd shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm-2:30am) who will deliver raw materials and finished goods to the appropriate departments upon request in a timely manner; maintain an organized and clean warehouse; accurately track material movements in and out of the warehouse by making the appropriate entries into the computer; and, responsible for the accuracy of the warehouse inventory. Forklift experience is required.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Receives and pulls raw materials and finished goods for all production departments.
- Delivers shipments to various departments. Keeps accurate records of all moves and adjustments for inventory management system.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Interfaces with truckers for outbound shipments, ensures all necessary documentation and samples are properly secured with outgoing shipments.
- Verifies that the schedule matches the presses and pulls stock for the label department
- Separates and properly discards corrugated, printed material, miscellaneous garbage.
- Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
- Follows established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Follows instructions accurately.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- Prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain a fork lift license.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of, or ability to, learn safety rules and procedures and operating policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge (data entry).
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.