General Mechanic – Maintenance - Panama City, FL
The opportunity: Inspects, repairs, and maintains production and process equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Demonstrate a full knowledge of safety regulations with emphasis on energy isolation, lockout/tag out, confined space entry, and line breaking procedures.
· Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, utilize computers to acquire parts, generate and complete work, and train other employees.
· Demonstrate an ability to read and examine blueprints, engineering drawings, and process and instrument diagrams.
· Demonstrate an ability to understand and switch back and forth between the metric and English measuring system.
· Demonstrate an ability to carry out tasks, which require a sequence of steps, and also deal with upset conditions that may affect or modify normal operational parameters.
· Demonstrate an ability to select and properly use personal protective equipment according to the specific hazard or hazards in accordance with Department requirements.
· Demonstrate an ability to medically qualify to don and work in respiratory equipment including Self Contained Breathing Apparatus which may be required to respond to emergency conditions.
· Demonstrate an ability to operate lift trucks, aerial lifts, scissors lifts, chains and hoists, oxygen/acetylene rigs.
· Demonstrate an ability in welding skills, to include carbon steel, TIG, MIG, heliarc, and pipe fabricating and repair.
· Demonstrate an ability a basic knowledge of rigging and hoisting fundamentals including safe load calculation and hand signals, clings, cables, chokers, and shackles.
What you need to succeed:
· High School diploma or G.E.D. with 4 years’ work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment working with equipment installation, equipment maintenance, construction, or fabrication. A combination of experience and technical education may substitute for sub-journeyman positions, but in no case less than 3 years will be considered. A full working knowledge of millwright, pipe fitter, metal worker, and mechanic trades including proper tool usage, lubrication, drive components, v-belt drives, chain drives, speed reducers, bearings, pumps, piping systems, basic arc welding and burning, hydraulics, and troubleshooting techniques which must be gained through a combination of experience and on the job training.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.