WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
* Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
* Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
* Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
* Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
* Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
* Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
* Performs other duties as required.
What you need to succeed:
* 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
* Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
* Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
* Willing to work second shift and overtime as required.
* Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
* Must be highly safety conscious.
High school diploma or its equivalent required. Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled