WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Safely perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to service, repair machines and maintain electrical equipment to ensure continuous operation of the equipment. Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices. Perform routine preventive maintenance, inspect or test machinery or equipment to diagnose electrical malfunctions. Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components.
How you will impact WestRock:
This list identifies the essential functions. As with all jobs, all duties and responsibilities are not listed, and will vary based upon the department, team, and business needs.
* Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
* Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires.
* Install repaired equipment in various settings, such as industrial and office buildings.
* Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
* Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
* Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures.
* Set up and test industrial equipment to ensure that it functions properly.
* Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in watertight electrical equipment.
* Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests.
* Calibrate testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
* Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts and make adjustments as necessary.
* Work with other trades or craft to troubleshoot and make repairs.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or GED, Associates Degree or Vocational School with one-the-job related experience is preferred.
* Three years relevant industrial experience
* Must complete the following Work Keys tests to be considered for the position:
* Applied Technology
* Locating Information
* Workplace Observation
Mental and Physical Requirements
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is performed in a mill environment and requires regular sitting, standing, climbing, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling an occasional lifting of 25lbs ore more
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled