WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Safely perform mechanical maintenance on industrial plant equipment that operates 24/7/365. Perform work involving the skills of a general mechanic to keep machines, mechanical equipment, piping systems and structure of an industrial establishment in repair. Applicants that consider themselves first craft Certified Welders, Inside Machinists or Pipe fitters are encouraged to apply with the understanding that the job position is a General Mechanic position that will routinely require work "outside" their first craft. Additional craft skill and classroom training is provided and required of the successful candidate.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ability to work safely in a physically demanding industrial environment, i.e., hot, dirty, noisy, oily, greasy, etc. This will include the requirement and ability to use basic PPE up to and including various types of respirators and fall protection.
* Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues with machines to include pumps, hydraulics, reducers, pneumatics, conveyors, roll handling equipment, etc.
* Proficient in the use of all types of hand and power tools.
* Capable of safely operating mobile equipment such as fork trucks and man-lifts.
* Capable of light metal fabrication work such as guards, handrails, duct work, base plates, piping systems, etc.
* Capable of pipe-fitting to include layout, measurement, sketching, pipe identification, schedule numbers, threaded pipe, welded pipe, flange pipe, tubing, etc.
* Ability to read Blueprint reading for troubleshooting mechanical and process systems, flow diagrams and layout.
* Perform coupling alignment on rotating equipment.
* Inspect and install bearings, couplings and other mechanical drive equipment.
* Capable of safely using rigging, including chain falls, chokers and directing cranes.
* Capable of using precision measuring tools from tape measures to micrometers.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* High school diploma or GED required. Apprentice, Military, Technical School or Welder Certification preferred.
Locating Information, Reading for Information, Teamwork, Workplace Observation
Previous Work Experience:
* Five years industrial/manufacturing work experience is required.
* The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes (i.e. warehouses, covered loading docks, garages, etc.)
* The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
* The worker is subject to extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
* The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
* The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the surrounding noise level.
* The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
* The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places or exposure to chemicals.
* The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
* The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
* The worker is required to wear a respirator.
* Demonstrate safe work practices
* Critical thinking and complex problem solving
* Initiative -- a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
* Good math skills
* Computer skills
* Basic welding skills (Stick Weld and FluxCore Arc Weld and/or certified)
* Basic torch and burning skills
* Basic rigging and material handling skills
* Willing to work shift
* Attention to detail
* Dependable and reliable
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team
* Knowledge of precision tools, equipment and the application of the same (i.e., rotolign, micrometers, torque wrenches, etc.)
* Basic knowledge of lubrication
* Proper use of hand and power tools
* Successful completion of all pre-employment screenings
* Fire Brigade eligible
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled