WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Industrial Maintenance Planner/Scheduler - Norcross, GA
4464 South Old Peachtree Road
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Industrial Maintenance Planner/Scheduler – Norcross, GA
- Responsible for initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope and analysis of required level of planning.
- Conducts site walks to identify and document job requirements.
- Identifies specific safety hazards that will be encountered in the performance of the proposed work.
- Makes safety procedures, including LOTO procedures available to EE. Ensures that all aspects of the existing company safety policies are incorporated into the job plan.
- Estimate required hours on WO tasks, total WO duration and skills required to perform the task.
- Plans jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given skilled trades.
- Coordinates with System Administrator on part order and delivery.
- Determines QC requirements for the task.
- Procures equipment and specialized tools required for the task or project.
- Gathers necessary engineering and technical documents, specifications and drawings.
- Writes clear and concise work procedures.
- Determines and arranges for parts required to perform work.
- Plans and kits parts for all projects to increase “wrench time” and maximize efficiency.
- Compiles information into a job package that is ready for skilled trades – clear communications with skilled trades regarding critical steps in the process.
- Prints and delivers WO’s with pre-task forms to the skilled trades in conjunction with the weekly and weekend schedule.
- Upon completion of jobs, communicates with skilled trades regarding ideas and procedures that would make future jobs more efficient.
- Coordinates priority setting with management team – places specific emphasis on obtaining the input of operations people in the setting of priorities.
- Keeps bills of material current.
- Conduct cycle counts, stock parts, maintain Parts Room.
- Is able to accurately measure the maintenance backlog in its various forms and continually maintains not less than 2 weeks’ worth of backlog at all times.
- Responsible for equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
- Ensures all WO’s and maintenance log items are closed when work is finished.
- Participates in outage planning activities such as scope identification and control, scheduling, coordination, risk assessments, execution and continuous improvement.
- Communication with contract resources directly on specific WO’s assigned to the contractors and the performance expectations of the WO.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Must have a minimum of five years experience in Industrial Maintenance in a manufacturing environment with supervisory experience desirable
Experience with CMMS.
Proficient in English, must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent general math skills.
Ability to troubleshoot, schedule and plan maintenance.
Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations along with detailed reports.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
Must have finger dexterity for typing and keyboard use.
Overtime maybe requires
Consistent and regular attendance required.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.