We are seeking a highly experienced and qualified Maintenance Technician for our Mooresville location with a strong electrical and/or mechanical background
• Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of production equipment, i.e. corrugator, die cut or flexo machines.
• Repairs and maintains facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air).
• Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
• Prepares and operates machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
• Troubleshoots electric and electronic problems.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components.
• Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant.
• Performs preventative maintenance.
• Builds custom parts on demand.
• Maintains accurate maintenance records.
• Operates scissors and forklifts.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
● 2nd or 3rd shift must be available for daily overtime and/or weekends, as needed
How you will impact WestRock:
· Focus and dedication to a safe work environment
· Driven to achieve and maintain performance excellence
· Team goal oriented
What you need to succeed:
- Prior experience in manufacturing/warehouse or mechanical environment preferred
- Proficient in reading blueprints and schematics
- Strong technical knowledge of general mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Computer skills
- Ability to follow established process and procedures
- Ability to work in fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend or walk consistently
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive wage and benefits package
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.