We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician at our folding carton plant in Mebane, NC. The main function of the Maintenance Tech is to manage the electrical and mechanical maintenance of our manufacturing machinery.
The Technician will:
· Assume the role and responsibilities of all Mebane Plant equipment working in a safe and efficient manner.
· Work with production and maintenance team to achieve quality products and maintain production on all equipment.
· Install new and upgrade equipment as needed.
· Troubleshoot and repair all equipment to keep production going in a timely manner.
· Assist with inventory to identify parts and new parts to prevent minimum breakdown or machine downtime
· Performs preventive and operational maintenance to ensure a functional and safe environment
· Maintains records of all work completed, time spent, and materials used.
· Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.
· Stand up to 12 hours per day.
· Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
· Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
· Work at, above, and below shoulder level.
· Work in confined spaces
· Climb ladders
What You Need to Succeed:
· 5+ years of industrial/manufacturing maintenance experience or 3+ years Converting/Packaging machine experience.
· Have a safe work history and perform safe work habits.
· Display leadership abilities
· Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
· Be a self-starter and motivator.
· Have knowledge of general machine shop equipment (welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting, air compressors, fire protection, and automation experience.
· Folder/gluer (Alpina Bobst) experience is a plus.
· Electrical/Electronics experience.
· PLC troubleshooting experience.
· Have a solid work attendance record.
· Offset printing press experience is highly desired
· Able to comprehend technical documents
· Maintain Powered Industrial Truck certification- must be able to meet company licensing requirements for power industrial trucks required for the position- sit down and stand up at a minimum
· Candidate must possess ability to perform all maintenance duties both mechanically and electrically
· Must be able to work any of three shifts and overtime, including weekends, as necessary
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.