WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrical & Instrumentation Tech+, Longview WA
300 Fibre Way
Longview, Washington, 98632
WestRock a pulp and paper mill located in Longview, WA is actively seeking a multi-skilled Electrical and Instrument Technician+ to support our operations as we strive to reach world class performance levels. The right candidate has a proven record of performance, and in previous jobs, has demonstrated the drive to achieve and move up. Ideal candidates initiate their own learning, get along well with others, and are helpful to co-workers. Candidates must handle the physical job requirements (heat, noise, shift work, work indoors or outdoors) and have the mechanical, numerical and verbal aptitude to learn our jobs quickly.
As an E&I Technician Plus you will (among other things):
- Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, calibrates and tests a wide variety of instrumentation (including but not limited to transmitters, actuators, environmental analyzers, sensors, analyzers, calibrators, meters, tubing and control valves) for improved reliability and uptime.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical equipment and metering control instruments to include but would not be limited to control valves, transmitters, heat trace panels, cylinders, solenoid valves etc.
- Troubleshoots telemetry and process controller hardware, maintains a functional knowledge of the operation of the telemetry system software and hardware.
- Read, interpret and perform wiring tasks according to specifications and schematics for the installation and repair of paper mill equipment.
- Maintains lab equipment such as Gas Chromatography, Titrators, Ovens, Spectrophotometer, pH meters, microscopes, vacuum pumps, and freezers
- Troubleshoot DCS, PLC, and CEMS DAHS software and hardware, making recommendations and performing software changes.
- Plans, troubleshoots, repairs and installs wiring circuits, transformers, motors, variable frequency drives, protective devices, control devices, fire protection systems and lighting system in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Safely work with a wide variety of precision hand and power tools related to field and shop work such as electronic and electric test equipment, etc.
- Work with other departments in the planning of and installation of new equipment and system upgrades.
How you will impact WestRock:
- E&I Technicians perform a variety of maintenance related tasks in connection with the maintenance department to improve the reliability and uptime of equipment used in the pulp and paper manufacturing process.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have at least four years’ experience working in an industrial maintenance environment as a Journeyman level E&I Technician or two years’ experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment as a Journeyman Electrician or Instrument Technician and two years formal education (certified trade school program) in either Electrical or Instrumentation.
- Basic knowledge and experience in computer usage.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must be able to pass a multi-phase physical.
The selection process
- The selection process may also include, computer based aptitude testing, panel interviews, field testing and Journeyman+ level exams.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- The E&I Tech+ classification has a current hourly rate of $38.79. In addition, WestRock offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, retirement, an employee assistance program, fitness reimbursement program, paid holidays, and vacation. You'll also be eligible for many discounts available exclusively to WestRock employees.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.