WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Dual Trade Mechanic Pipefitter/Millwright - Longview, WA
300 Fibre Way
Longview, Washington, 98632
WestRock a pulp and paper mill located in Longview, WA is actively seeking a dual trade journeyman General Mechanic+ to support our operations as we strive to reach world class performance levels! The right candidate has a proven record of performance, and in previous jobs, has demonstrated the drive to achieve and move up. Ideal candidates initiate their own learning, get along well with others, and are helpful to co-workers. Candidates must handle the physical job requirements (heat, noise, shift work, work indoors or outdoors) and have the mechanical, numerical and verbal aptitude to learn our jobs quickly.
How you will impact WestRock:
General Mechanics perform a variety of maintenance related tasks in connection with the maintenance department to improve the reliability and up-time of equipment used in the pulp and paper and containerboard manufacturing process.
What you need to succeed:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment as a Journeyman level multi-skilled or mechanic or Have experience as a Journeyman level tradesman in more than one of the following trades: Millwright, Pipefitter, Welder
- Basic knowledge and experience in computer usage.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must be able to pass a multi-phase physical.
The selection process
- The selection process may also include, computer based aptitude testing, panel interviews, field testing and Journeyman+ level exams.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- The General Mechanic Plus+ classification has a current hourly rate of $39.57. In addition, WestRock offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, retirement, an employee assistance program, fitness reimbursement program, paid holidays, and vacation. You'll also be eligible for many discounts available exclusively to WestRock employees.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.