WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock's pulp and paper mill located in Longview, WA is actively seeking Journeyman Millwrights to support our operations as we strive to reach world class performance levels!
Our Employees Have Outstanding Qualities:
The right candidate has a proven record of performance, plays by the rules and, in previous jobs, has demonstrated the drive to achieve and move up. Ideal candidates initiate their own learning, get along well with others, and are helpful to co-workers. Candidates must handle the physical job requirements (heat, noise, shift work, work indoors or outdoors) and have the mechanical, numerical and verbal aptitude to learn our jobs quickly.
We Offer Our Employees Excellent Benefits:
The Journeyman classification has a current hourly rate of $33.71. In addition, WestRock offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, retirement, an employee assistance program, fitness reimbursement program, paid holidays, and vacation. You'll also be eligible for many discounts available exclusively to WestRock employees.
As a Journeyman Millwright you will (among other things):
Be able to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment using hand and power tools
Perform the duties of a welder such as arc welding, etc
Work with a wide variety of precision tools such as veneer calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, levels, gauge blocks and optical and laser alignment tooling
Perform a variety of maintenance related tasks in connection with the maintenance, repair and/or improvement to equipment related to pulp and paper manufacturing processes
Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
* Must have at least 3 years experience working in an industrial maintenance environment as a Journeyman level Millwright
* Completed a formal apprenticeship training
* Basic knowledge and experience in computer usage
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
The WestRock Selection Process:
Our selection process includes the above qualifications, online aptitude testing, panel interviews, field testing, and the Journeyman placement test.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled