WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the work of all maintenance personnel for an assigned crews. The supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure the safety of the workforce, provide quality and efficient execution of goals, schedule and execute planned work, monitor crew performance, provide problem analysis for equipment history, submit accurate reports of work execution, take appropriate action in response to emergencies, and administer company policies as they relate to assigned personnel.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Crew Safety: Drive safety culture for the crew proactively addressing safety concerns, facilitate training initiatives and sustain/support the safety mindset of the facility.
* Direct supervision of bargaining unit employees in the Maintenance Department. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating fact-finding meetings, initiating corrective action, initiating commendations, and writing and presenting performance appraisals.
* Support RCFA troubleshooting to actively seek the root cause of failures to help improve long-term reliability.
* Create or modify PMs as necessary to address failure modes on equipment.
* Provide assistance supervision to machine shutdown jobs or equipment improvement strategies as necessary.
* Coordinate with the training department to ensure crew members have completed all required training.
* Generate a weekly and daily schedule and assign maintenance personnel their work based on that schedule and the corresponding work orders.
* Coordinate and communicate with maintenance planners to ensure work is completed based on priority and equipment availability.
* For each scheduled job verify that all safety requirements, predetermined equipment, appropriate tools, materials, and the equipment to be maintained are available and ready for the scope of work that is scheduled.
* Monitor and direct work execution.
* Monitor work in progress and completed work to ensure that quality standards are met within the prescribe time frame.
* Communicate work to operations and solicit feedback.
* Assign personnel to scheduled jobs such that skill and training opportunities are maximized.
* Accept and execute properly authorized emergency work and maintain a planned backlog for use during unscheduled equipment outages.
* Conduct periodic inspections of area equipment and facilities and write work orders when malfunctions are observed.
* Understand and follow the Bargaining Agreement and the Seniority Work Rules as they relate to personnel coordination.
* Inspect and promote housekeeping both in the shops and at the job site.
* Conduct safety and crew meetings as scheduled. Review required topics, record attendance, and write minutes for distribution.
* Continually assess the performance of the crew. Recommend and initiate opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Additional duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
* Strong leadership and communication skills.
* A strong working knowledge of Mechanical components used in an industrial environment. Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical proficiency, and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced production setting.
* Self-motivated individual with a take-charge attitude and an understanding of personnel management techniques.
* Understand the capabilities of craftsmen, internal and external shops.
* Understanding of activities and procedures required for efficient and quality work completion.
* Strong computer skills including, but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project. Experience with ADPVantage is very helpful.
* Previous maintenance supervisory experience in an industrial operation is preferred.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled