WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Planners are responsible for improving workforce productivity and work quality for their assigned area of responsibility through planning, scheduling, and coordination mechanics, parts, material, and equipment access. Maintenance Planners also coordinate with prodcution managers. This role would support the fully integrated Pulp and Paper Mill; specifally the Pulping areas.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Maximize equipment availability
* Plan effective and safe execution of all plant maintenance work control processes and resources to conduct maintenance activities.
* Obtain and organize all information required for the Crafts to perform the work: permits, drawings, vendor manuals, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other applicable file material to clarify the work.
* Identify and requisition all parts and materials required to complete the work through comprehensive Bills of Material and any special kitting instructions.
* Develop job plans for repetitive work.
* Maximize resource utilization
* Prioritize work to ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources, materials and equipment.
* Validate and prioritize the planning of work requests/work orders
* Develop job work packets and timing based on appropriate resourcing, equipment identification, lead times, completion dates, and authorizations
* Identify required internal and external resources including Crafts, and vendor delivered services.
* Prepare accurate estimates, job packets and manage work order status.
* Actively pursue measures to improve maintenance work processes, reduce downtime, and reduce costs.
* Collect and analyze data to improve maintenance planning processes
* Other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
* Mandatory: Mechanical Backgroun/Education
* Desired: Apprenticeship program or technical school / Post Secondary degree in related field
* High School graduate or GED equivalent
* Adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job
* In-depth knowledge of plant operations and equipment
* Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings, sketch or redline existing drawings.
* Demonstrated ability to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled