WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2nd Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Performs general mechanical, electric and electronic maintenance of facility and equipment in a timely and courteous manner.
How you will impact WestRock
Performs maintenance of electrical and electronic components of manufacturing equipment and of facility systems up to 480 volts.
Troubleshoots and repairs electrical problems including faulty electric and electronic components such as relays, sensors, switches, and motors.
Troubleshoots and repairs machine controls.
Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in plant.
Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
Troubleshoots and resolves mechanical problems and makes repairs as needed.
Performs basic welding, brazing, and cutting to fabricate items such as guardrails, brackets, and hangers.
Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
Prepares and operates machine tools such as lathes, grinders, drill presses, and mills to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
Bends conduit and pulls wire.
Operates Scissors and Fork-Lifts
Maintains accurate maintenance records
Supports various recycling programs such as light bulbs, batteries and metals.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Training/certification in electrical technology/machine control fields.
- Minimum three years' experience in electrical machine control repair or design. An equivalent amount of previous experience and education will be considered.
- State of Michigan electrical license preferred.
- Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Must have working knowledge of various sensors, hand and small power tools, AC/DC motors and PLCs.
- Must be trained in basic electrical and mechanical safety.
- Must have basic computer experience.
- Must have the ability to read schematics, prints, ladder diagrams, and drawings.
- Must have knowledge of and ability to interpret national electrical code.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.