WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Reliability Superintendent - Hopewell, VA
910 Industrial St, PO Box 201
Hopewell, Virginia, 23860
The Reliability Superintendent is responsible for providing leadership and support to improve and optimize process and production systems reliability. This role interacts with all of maintenance and all operating areas and reports to the Maintenance Manager. This role is responsible for managing a department of maintenance staff of the assigned facility, which includes safety, environmental, quality & customer satisfaction, cost, production, financial budgets & results, capital project support, people development, and employee & labor relation.
How you will impact WestRock:
Utilize WestRock’s Enterprise Asset Management System (J.D. Edwards) to implement world class:
• Precision Maintenance
• Preventative Maintenance
• Predictive Maintenance
• Lubrication routes, Vibration Analysis routes, IR analyses and other techniques
• Ensure systems are in place for maintenance and operations to use to better understand, monitor and communicate the health of all production processes and equipment.
• Actively participate on Performance Excellence teams.
• Review and follow-up on equipment failures, utilizing root cause failure analysis, and offer solutions and own corrective action to prevent future failures.
• Champion and lead the Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) process for the entire mill.
• Integrate reliability centered maintenance, risk-based inspections, equipment condition monitoring, root cause analysis, critical spare parts management, and other reliability best practices in normal day-to-day activities
• Provide mill-wide technical expertise for the analysis, development and evaluation of new maintenance technologies and equipment, and fully utilize all existing technology.
• Serve as a resource for operators and maintenance to learn and understand more about maintenance processes and their related systems and strategies.
• Identify opportunities for improvement within processes, equipment/controls, environmental/safety areas, employee work environment, costs, quality, etc.
• Manage Reliability KPI’s and their reporting.
• Assist on mill wide projects as needed.
• Integrity – We are honest, ethical and do the right thing.
• Respect – We treat one another with respect and earn the respect of others through our actions.
• Accountability – We are responsible for our work, to our team and for contributing to the success of our company.
• Excellence – We strive to perform at the highest levels – for ourselves and for our customers, investors, and communities
What you will need to succeed:
• In depth knowledge of Paper manufacturing process
• Maintenance best practices
• RFCA and other formal problem-solving approaches
• Process and Systems Improvement
• CMMS, in general/planning experience/exposure
• Build consensus among diverse groups with minimal conflict.
• Accomplish tasks through the use of others.
• Lead teams of Maintenance employees.
• Understand business and financial systems and application of systems and data.
• Form effective business relationships/partnerships at various levels within the company to accomplish desired results.
• These abilities and knowledge are usually obtained through self-study, company seminars and meetings, computer-based training, and on the job application.
• B. S. Degree Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Pulp and Paper), or equivalent experiences.
• The candidate should have demonstrated capabilities and at least 8+ years of experience in paper or paperboard or container board manufacturing and maintenance processes.
• Experience in troubleshooting problems and finding workable business solutions.
• Lean Six Sigma and DMAIC problem solving experience is a plus.
• Duties are performed in an office environment and on jobsites throughout the mill.
• Infrequent travel to attend meetings or training may be required.