WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Tech-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a 3rd shift Maintenance Tech who will be an integral part of the Maintenance Team. The successful candidate must have prior experience working on Bobst and Heidelberg presses. Candidates with this experience will be eligible for top pay, great benefits, and the chance to work in a great culture with the best company in the industry.
How you will impact WestRock
- Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Repairs and maintains facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air, and humidification).
- Paints and performs minor repairs of building interior and exterior including masonry, wallboard, ceiling tiles, woodwork, etc.
- Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
- Performs basic handiwork such as replacing light bulbs, ballasts, water and air filters, and plumbing fixtures, cleaning drains, hanging pictures and bulletin boards, and maintaining proper forklift batteries.
- Prepares and operates machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
- Troubleshoots electric and electronic problems and brings in outside resources as necessary.
- Performs inspections and tests of fire alarms and pumps.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components and brings in outside resources as necessary.
- Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant and brings in outside resources as necessary.
- Performs preventative maintenance as outlined in written procedures.
- Works on call as required.
- Builds custom parts on demand.
- Maintains accurate maintenance records and work logs.
- Operates scissors and forklifts.
- Performs other job duties as assign
What you need to succeed
- Must have training/certification in machine-specific and electronics fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in machining.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical component repair.
- Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Must have a working knowledge of AC/DC motors.
- Must be trained in basic electric and mechanical safety.
- Must have some basic computer experience (email, completing job status reports, searching for parts, and completing necessary write-ups of items).
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
- Must be able to work on-call as needed.
- Must have acute troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.