WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The WestRock Florence, SC Mill is looking for Maintenance Mechanic candidates that have a strong commitment to working safe, are reliable and dependable, are team players, and possess maintenance skills in either Electrical and Instrumentation or Mechanical disciplines.
How you will impact WestRock:
Functions and communicates effectively in a team environment
Effective trouble shooter
Follow all safety requirements of job functions
Complies with all Environmental policies and guidelines
Maintains good housekeeping
Supports continuous improvement of preventive maintenance
Inspects, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, installs, and maintains equipment
What you need to succeed:
- Successful completion of a two-year Associates Degree in an industrial related discipline (or equivalent military training) or three (3) years’ experience working as a journeyman in one of the following crafts, Electrical, Instrumentation, Millwright, Machinist, or Pipefitting/Welding.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Candidates must possess and be able to demonstrate maintenance aptitude and skills in either the mechanical or electrical/instrumentation disciplines.
- Formal training and/or practical experience in heavy industry or similar services will be considered. Present or past holding of certifications such as State Master Electrician licenses, welding certifications, etc. are desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have desire to learn manufacturing processes
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- A strong Safety mindset and a commitment to work safely
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel throughout the entire shift
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.