WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Lead Maintenance Engineer - Fernandina Beach, FL
600 North 8th Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034
Lead Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Primary responsibility for investigating and resolving mechanical reliability issues within the facility. Drives root cause failure analysis process and projects, and actively participates in area critical maintenance initiatives across the facility. Assist in outage and shutdown execution as required.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will promote and advance the Reliability program across the entire mill. Here are some of the ways this will occur:
- Use equipment failure analyses to overcome repetitive maintenance issues and develop and implement solutions that eliminate problems, improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Use proactive, preventative, and predictive maintenance techniques to avoid and to detect equipment failures.
- Champion the Maintenance Reliability Program.
- Lead the reliability program to continuously improve equipment availability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Work with the Engineering to ensure maintenance reliability and equipment access is built into new projects.
- Be a tireless and enthusiastic champion of reliability.
- Serve as the equipment reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the site.
- Assure predictive and preventive maintenance activities support the mill’s strategic direction.
- Support the Pressure Vessel and Tank integrity program for the site, including inspection and repairs.
- Support the lubrication and inspection program for the site.
- Request measuring and testing equipment to keep the reliability programs current with the latest technological advances where those advances provide cost-effective upgrades.
- Assure the Preventive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance routes and programs are implemented, audited and improved on existing equipment and as equipment is added, removed and improved.
- Research and request formal training for maintenance and reliability personnel to increase their technical skill and knowledge for their particular area of expertise.
- Manage and report Key Process Indicators (KPIs) detailing all the results of the Work Management and Reliability programs activities on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with purchasing, stores, and engineering to ensure equipment reliability is implemented throughout all project phases including procurement, vendor selection, spare part selection and stocking.
- Develop and adopt standards that improve equipment reliability in areas such as Essential Care, PM, PdM, CM, RCPE, equipment procurement, stocked parts, rebuilds, installation and work execution.
- Continuously work with Maintenance and Operations to educate, promote and support program buy-in throughout the mill.
- Review modification drawings and specifications and direct the implementation of appropriate preventive maintenance actions.
- Recommend innovative solutions to increase equipment life and reduce maintenance costs through the analysis of repetitive equipment failures/breakdowns and predictive maintenance analysis
- Manage the Reliability related Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) process.
- Ensure follow-through, completion and documentation of the RCFA Action Items.
- Participate in the Management of Change process to optimize the reliability of new or modified equipment or processes.
- Review and refine the PM process based on breakdown repair costs, down-time requirements and production losses from individual pieces of equipment.
- Submit recommendations and justification for capital expenditures that support and improve the Reliability Program.
- Submit regular reports covering the overall program costs and benefits, the "finds" and improvements made, as well as the strategic way forward for the Reliability Program.
- Direct the accumulation and maintenance of reliability records so that they are available to mill personnel digitally on-line.
- Remain apprised of advances across the industry that would benefit our location.
- Serve as a leader and example for behavior and performance to all employees.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Drive Root Cause Failure Analysis process
- Resolve mechanical reliability issues to increase process reliability and decrease cost (mill wide)
- Provide leadership and daily technical assistance for mechanical issues for the maintenance organization
- Managing maintenance resources or contractors during outages or project implementation
What you need to succeed:
- BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy industrial manufacturing - hydraulics and paper mill experience a plus
- Strong engineering, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and leadership skills, team player
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.