Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years mechanical experience and have basic troubleshooting experience with a proven ability of machine repair.
Associates degree, trade school or apprenticeship in maintenance and/or extensive experience in industrial maintenance
Mechanical setup and adjustment to manufacturing equipment to change product size and optimize equipment performance
Troubleshooting, repair and rebuilding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic parts and subassemblies as required to efficiently maintain production floor capacity and capabilities
Provide appropriate communications with Plant Manager & Production Manager on machine condition, effective setup and run conditions and repair status; work with Management Team on equipment production schedule
- Establish and sustain a clean and well-organized department
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety guidelines and SOP’s.
- Able to take onsite service calls for weekends.
- Work with employees on prioritizing improvement opportunities
- Able to work with schematics or engineering drawings
- Will perform routine maintenance checks and inspections
- Will be required to respond to production downtime issues resulting from mechanical, pneumatic, or electrical issues.
- Will have to operate equipment, conducts tests and report data in prescribed format.
- Ability to diagnose and repair equipment problems without supervision.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Basic math skills.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.