About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Superintendent - Eaton, IN
800A South Romy
Eaton, Indiana, 47338
Career Opportunity (Job Summary)
We have an opening for a Maintenance Superintendent to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Eaton Mill in Eaton, IN. Experience ownership firsthand as you ensure the performance, reliability, and results of all equipment and corresponding maintenance and repair work (including contract work) at a coated recycle paperboard production facility.
How you will impact WestRock (Responsibilities):
- As the Maintenance Superintendent, you will lead and drive continuous improvement for the Paper Machines, Power and Recovery, and Pulp mill area. As Superintendent, you will ensure that every level of the organization under your direction, is fully engaged in safety, equipment/process availability and reliability improvement.
- Proven leadership skills, building teams and ability to motivate others are key competencies in this position.
- Must be open to and capable of implementing change and to drive for results through setting clear expectations and auditing for desired results.
- Must be capable of utilizing resources for maximum effectiveness in a multi-skilled environment. Develop and manage the Maintenance budget under your areas of responsibility.
- Sustain the roles and responsibilities with regard to the Reliability, Preventative and Predicative Maintenance, as well as our RCA process.
- Effective Shutdown Planning and Execution is a key aspect of the Superintendent role.
What you need to succeed:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent with 5 plus years of experience in the manufacturing industry in a Maintenance or Engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in selection and development of direct reports
- Experience working with an organized labor union
- Training and/or experience with OSHA regulations, LOTO, confined space entry, government/corporate regulations, and requirements for tank & vessel integrity, welding methods, inspections, “R” Stamp requirements, NDT, thermography/infrared applications and JDE of other CMMS systems.
- Computer skills on a variety of platforms, Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software, JDEdwards, etc.
- Good Organizational, communication, documentation and formal/informal reporting skills
- Ability to work extended hours on outages, call duty, etc. to support a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while managing projects
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.