Maintenance Planner - Dublin, GA
709 Papermill Rd
Dublin, Georgia, 31027
The purpose of the Maintenance Planner is to provide superior maintenance, clerical and administrative planning services to our internal and external customers, especially for our maintenance technical personnel assigned to the operational areas in the mill. The Maintenance Planner owns most of the progress of work order flow through the work order system. This is accomplished by actively performing appropriate plant and/or maintenance department day‐to‐day reviews and project planning with superior recordkeeping and communications processes within a defined CMMS. The Maintenance Planner works in conjunction with the Maintenance Superintendent, the area’s OMC and the Area Assistants. He or she maintains a backlog of work, progresses work orders to the ready-to-schedule phase, including active parts and services acquisition, and reviews technician feedback upon work completion. The Maintenance Planner has the responsibility to purchase parts and supplies and for managing parts and equipment rebuilds for the assigned area with established approval and budgetary guidelines. This planner role also coordinates major annual outages for this assigned work area. This position is salaried.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Plan all maintenance work activities associated with maintenance work orders: predictive, preventive, and reactive (not emergency). Plan larger projects, periodic outages and annual week-long outages, as needed.
- Support and drive safe work behaviors by considering all potential safety hazards of work being planned. Incorporate safety requirements and JHA’s for all work orders and jobs.
- Determine requirements for and procurement of parts and supplies and repair and or replacement parts.
- Evaluate current planning practices and determine future plan requirements.
- Create, review, revise and release preventive maintenance work orders.
- Comply with ISO, Safety, Environmental and other technical codes and regulations.
What you need to succeed:
- Mechanical Engineering or related degree preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or GED.,
- If not degreed, two-year technical degree in maintenance related disciplines or equivalent 10-yr work history preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all departments.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and CMMS database applications.
- Ability to organize and analyze operational, technical, and drawing data and manuals.
- A sense of area ownership and urgency to act are required.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.