About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician – Des Moines, IA
The "front line" in the maintenance organization, these personnel have the largest impact on machine condition. Additional duties:
Minimizing machine downtime by completing required maintenance in the scheduled timeframe and notifying production supervisors that maintenance is nearly complete to ensure a quick machine startup.
Supporting work order process by not completing any maintenance without a work order, giving detailed corrective actions when closing out work orders, and filling out work orders for any discrepancies discovered and documented during Planned Maintenance.
- Building cross-functional knowledge on machines.
- Taking responsibility for the condition of their assigned piece of equipment.
- Working with supervisors, plant manager, and scheduler to prioritize work orders on a regular basis.
- Helping lead equipment strategy workshops and identifying production-limiting machine problems that are not being addressed by the current equipment strategy.
- Leading and coordinating capital projects for the plant.
Essential Job Functions:
Respond to requests for machinery repairs
Problem solves with difficult repairs
Maintains physical plant
Maintain inventory of spare parts
Maintains clean and safe work area
Minimum Requirements of Job:
- Worker must be able to read tape measure and interpret results
- Must be able to lift 55+ lbs.
- Must be able to do repetitive motion
- Must be able to use general mechanical tools
- Must be able to keep area clean an organized.
- Must be able to safely put up, adjust, and climb ladder
- Must be able to know safety requirement and be able to operate large equipment to include, but not limited to electric lifts, articulating lifts, welding equipment,
- In operating a forklift, must be able to grasp and use seat adjustment, use steering wheel with one hand while using lift controls with other hand, and use foot pedals safely and effectively. Must be aware of all safety requirements of use of forklift
- Worker must be aware of and demonstrate proper lifting techniques
Can have areas of increased noise, florescent lighting, which is adequate for task. Very warm conditions during hot weather. Safety areas clearly marked.
This job description is not necessarily a complete list of all job function requirements of working conditions. The company reserves the right to modify essential job functions, physical demands of the job and job qualifications at any time.
A minimum of two years experience or equivalent degree in industrial wiring and motors.
A minimum of two years experience or equivalent degree in industrial machine repair.
Familiarity of fluid power systems, pumps, plumbing, and rigging.
Ability to use all shop tools properly.
Ability to read machine drawings and electrical schematics.
Ability to weld.
Starting pay -- $25 - $30/hr. depending on experience
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.