WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Industrial Maintenance Technician - Deer Park, NY
140 West Industry Court
Deer Park, New York, 11729
· Come work as a Maintenance Technician at a growing company with very competitive pay and benefits, with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders in the Corrugated Packaging industry
· Provide resolution to mechanical and electrical problems of machinery. Complete scheduled preventative maintenance to keep our plant running at peak performance.
· Help ensure that all company standards and customer commitments (safety, quality, production, cost, on-time delivery) are met
· You will work in a collaborative work environment where safety is our priority
How You Will Impact WestRock:
· Focus on maintaining equipment in working order through preventive maintenance and troubleshooting mechanical failures in a fast-paced environment
· Enforce plant safety regulations and encourage employees to become safety conscious
· Be part of a world-class maintenance team
What You Need to Succeed:
· Basic working knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electricity
· Licensed Electricians with strong trouble shooting skills are highly valued
· Industrial Experience a plus, equivalent military experience will be considered
· Available to work 3rd shift and weekends
· Strong focus on Safety and Quality
· Excellent communication skills
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree is a plus
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive rate of pay reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
· An attractive benefit package
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.