The Maintenance Supervisor/Planner is responsible for the performance, reliability and results of all equipment and corresponding maintenance and repair work (including contract work) in his/her work area. Supervising in the field, this is accomplished by the proper training, deployment and control of craftspeople to complete jobs according to the Daily Work or Outage Schedule and any break-in or emergency work necessary. He/she directs and coordinates the work of their crew to eliminate over manning and idleness while achieving the safest and most efficient utilization of resources, tools, materials and equipment. The supervisor personally insures equipment is returned to proper operation after work is completed and allocates proper distribution of time to work orders.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Support and drive safe work behaviors
• Execute work plans
• Handling daily maintenance work and emergency/break-in work
• Support work planning efforts or plan work when needed and assigned
• Use work management systems to lead craftsmen in reliability efforts of precision, predictive, and preventive maintenance
• Work with a team composed of operations, E&I and mechanical salaried/hourly front line leaders to plan, schedule and execute daily/outage work and drive increased measured reliability metrics
What you need to succeed:
• Minimum High school diploma
• Prefer two-year technical degree in maintenance related discipline or equivalent work history
• Minimum at least 5 years of experience in maintenance or engineering in a major manufacturing or industrial environment
• Proven leadership skills and abilities to implement change through effective coaching and communication of expectations and accountability of direct reports
• Union and contractor environment and experience with contractual language preferred
• Familiarity with corporate accounting policies, procedures, budget management, capital and business financial processes desired
• Must be self-motivated; good work ethic; desire to meet or exceed goals & objectives with little guidance; strong leadership, organizational agility and communication skills a must
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills
• Training/certifications in OSHA, LOTO, LEO, confined space entry, reliability maintenance, government/corporate regulations and requirements for tank & vessel integrity, tank & vessel inspections, welding methods, welding inspections, R Stamp requirements, NCG, PSM, NDT, thermography/infrared applications and SAP desirable but not required.
• Solid trouble-shooting and computer skills on a variety of platforms needed, mostly Microsoft/Windows driven or intranet
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.