WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Mechanic Journeyman-Papermill-Cottonton, AL
Highway 165 South, PO Box 40
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851
estRock - Mahrt Operations is looking to find committed, hardworking individuals to fill current openings as Mechanical multi-craft maintenance journeymen at our Papermill in Cottonton, Alabama We are looking for the individual that has experience in rebuild, repair, and installation of rotating equipment, Precision tool use (i.e. Micrometers, laser alignment, etc.), and repair or manufacture repair parts within specifications/tolerances. The ability to operate manually controlled lathes and milling machines and interpret detailed mechanical drawings is a plus. General knowledge of hydraulics, minor welding and minor pipe repair are benefits as well.
The responsibilities of the Multi-Craft Maintenance Mechanic Millwright will include but not be limited to:
* Identifying faulty equipment through observation and established testing metrics
* Identifying correct replacement parts.
* Perform repairs to faulty equipment.
* Safely operate powered hand tools, hoists and other lifting devices.
* Assess condition of existing parts utilizing precision tools such as micrometers, and calipers.
* Ability to read prints, drawings and shop manuals for correct specifications of equipment to be
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Five + years industrial experience as Multi-craft Journeyman.
* High School diploma of GED
* 2-3 years Formal Education in the trade- graduation from an approved apprentice program and/or technical or military trade school is highly preferred.
* Pass written testing requirements
* Available to work overtime as required
* Decision making and troubleshooting abilities, good communication and computer skills
* Must be highly motivated, conscientious, and a good team player with a positive attitude
* Ability to work safely in an industrial environment.
**Competitive wage rate of $39.13/hour and competitive benefits package to include :
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
Please submit applications/resume via online, no phone calls will be accepted in reference to this position.