WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
185 N Smith Ave
Corona, CA 92878
Maintenance Technician I
Inspects, repairs, and maintains production and process equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specification.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance duties on facility equipment
· Locate, diagnose and repair malfunctions of Hydraulic systems, Pneumatic systems, Water & Starch piping systems, including pumps, valves, and cylinders.
· Perform various inspections and testing on plant systems, machinery and equipment.
· Repair, maintain, and install gas, LP and electrical engines/systems on forklifts.
· Common Troubleshooting and repair of AC / DC drives, PLC’s, electrical systems, electrical equipment, piping systems, plant machinery and plant equipment.
· Respond to emergency machine breakdowns in a timely manner.
· Complete assigned tasks correctly and within the allotted time.
· Performs carpentry, i.e., form building, structural steel, concrete, etc.
· Assist with plant layouts and wiring installations.
· Perform necessary procedures to maintain parts stores inventory system.
· Complete a “Maintenance Task Hazard Assessment” for each non-routine task.
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•High school diploma or equivalency required.
•Trade school or higher electrical certification required.
•Strong technical, electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
•Some computer skills required with an emphasis on programmable controllers.
•2 year course in Electrical Maintenance, or a 4-year course (Journeyman level)
•Must have experience trouble shooting and programing VFD’s, Servo drives, PLC
•Formal training with industrial electrical, electrical controls 24VDC – 480VAC
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
· In-house electrical authorization must be obtained prior to conducting and electrical assignments.
Working Knowledge of:
· Operations, services and activities of all areas of mechanical or electrical
· All equipment and supplies commonly used in the mechanical or electrical trade.
· Methods and techniques pertaining to installation, maintenance and repair or
· Occupational hazards and standard safety practices (Including but not limited to; NFPA 70E, OSHA).
· Operation characteristics of a variety of measuring and testing equipment and
tools for mechanical maintenance.
· Applicable codes and ordinances as related to the mechanical trade.
· A person in this position must possess the ability to:
· Work independently in the absence of supervision.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Eligible for Overtime:
· Expected to respond to call-ins, overtime, Sundays, holidays, and other shifts as required.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business
drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.