WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Manager - Columbus, IN
3101 State St
Columbus, Indiana, 47201-0867
Opportunity summary: As a Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership to the service and maintenance staff while ensuring the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of WestRock’s plant assets. Your role will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement of plant operations to enable efficient, high-quality production of customer products.
How you will impact WestRock
· Develop and implement the short- and long-term maintenance strategy to enable operating efficiency in alignment with WestRock’s values
· Create Maintenance Department safety goals and plan to ensure a safe work environment
· Create an effective Plant Maintenance Program using industry best practices to maximize equipment reliability and uptime
· Supervise and inspect maintenance work to ensure the most effective, efficient and up-to-date technology and preferred maintenance practices are implemented by craftsmen
· Ensure a safe work environment and adherence to all corporate, state and federal safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations by all maintenance staff
· Manage and analyze maintenance department KPIs to assess operating efficiency and identify opportunities to drive performance excellence
What you need to succeed:
· 2- year technical degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
· Minimum of 10 - 15 years in industrial maintenance with supervisory experience of maintenance engineers
· Previous corrugated plant experience highly preferred
· Adept at problem-solving and identifying root cause to implement preventative methods
· Ability to plan and manage a budget
· Ability to work within a 24/7 mill operations facility
· Be a strategic thinker with the confidence to make decisions which impact safety, uptime and productivity
· Ability to coach and develop talent to create a highly productive, safety-conscious team
· Strong communication skills with ability to adjust communication style and interact across all levels of the organization
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.