WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Maintenance Technician is part of the team that maintains the corrugator to OEM conditions to ensure production and quality.
The position offers excellent pay, benefits, and career opportunities for those who desire to excel. All applicants must apply online at kapstonepaper.com. A resume must be included in your application showing previous employment history and personal references.
Because of our commitment to a safe working environment, all successful candidates must consent to a post-offer physical, drug testing and background check.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Corrugated equipment maintenance experience or related heavy industrial maintenance experience
* Familiarity and experience with motors, drives, contacts, relays, timers, PLC's, PC's.
* Awareness of OSHA standards for electrical safety
* Ability to perform electrical and mechanical work as necessary
* Technical understanding and skills with a focus on safety
* Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities
* Understanding of control circuits, hydraulics and pneumatics
* Ability to read and understand wiring schematics, machine manuals, mechanical drawings and blue prints
* Knowledge of preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
* Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
* Ability to remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
What you need to succeed:
* Associate's degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance, Machining, or a related field preferred
* Demonstrated advanced training or certification in the maintenance mechanical/electrical industry
* Lean manufacturing knowledge, especially 5S
Conscientious & Productive, Result & Team oriented, Corrugated Equipment Maintenance experience preferred, Technical Understanding & Skills, Focus on Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Can provide direction and also work independent of direction.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled