WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Journeyman Pipefitter - Battle Creek, MI
177 Angell Street
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
Battle Creek MI
We are seeking a Pipefitter/Welder to be located in Battle Creek, MI. This plant is 100% recycled paper mill. The Pipefitter/Welder will be responsible to perform maintenance and repair of paper board manufacturing equipment.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience at Journeyman (licensed) Pipefitter level
· Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications, knowledge of system operation, and study of building plans / working drawings
· Planning sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and cutting pipe
· Threading and ending pipe by hand or with pipe bending machine
· Assembling and joining piping by means of threaded, chalked, wiped, soldered, brazed fused, or cemented joints
· Securing pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools
· Testing piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges
· Computer literate and able to use personal
computer (including MS Office, Outlook and JDEdwards).
· Good written and verbal communication skills. Perform mechanical repairs
as required. Examples include metal fabrication.
· Must be proficient in basic rigging and working with mechanical tools.
Must be able to follow instruction from Supervision and co-workers as designated by Supervision.
· Must be able to read blueprints
· AutoCAD a plus
· Able to lift 50lbs, including motors, pumps, pipes, valves, etc.
· Able to do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning, and twisting.
· Able to climb and work in high places (cherry picker, ladders, man lifts, etc.)
· Available for Overtime, nights and weekends as needed
· Must be willing and able to maintain company-required performance and maintenance
records for identified equipment.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.