WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
E&I Maintenance Supervisor - Battle Creek, MI
177 Angell Street
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
Primarily responsible for oversight and troubleshooting of all Electrical and Instrumentation for manufacturing operations of the Mill Responsibilities include: safety, training and assignment of work to the maintenance personnel; serves as SME and chief troubleshooter for all electrical systems in the Mill; responsible for maintenance spending in his/her area along with the other members of the maintenance team; responsible for making sure that all work completed in his/her area are using the proper parts and equipment to complete all maintenance work appropriately for their safety and those of the other people in the area; responsible for maintaining the equipment in his/her area in such a way that the equipment has the maximum possible uptime at the lowest possible cost.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, & MS Office Project software
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standards such as NEC, NFPA 70E and OSHA
- Experience in the following areas: project management and planning/scheduling, predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
How you will impact WestRock:
- Lead safety systems & processes that support achieving our continually improving annual goals
- Develop & maintain methods for tracking & reducing maintenance costs by reviewing work orders, examining priorities & obtaining proper approvals for repairs and publishing daily schedules
- Coordinate efforts with the Operations Maintenance Coordinators and Maintenance Planners to identify and provide materials, staffing requirements, and other support needed to complete required work.
- Improve efficiency & effectiveness of department operations and ensure required work is completed by analyzing the processes & utilizing available tools, technology and outside resources.
- By managing the workforce consistent with the union contract and company policies in such areas as overtime, vacation, training and discipline.
Manage cost control for department to ensure that expenditures do not exceed budget
Collaborate with production operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
Investigates problems to ensure efficient facility operation and determines root cause to prevent reoccurrence
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.