The Maintenance Supervisor will assist the Maintenance Manager to ensure overall product quality, waste/productivity goals are met, machine safety and the minimization of downtime through effective equipment maintenance by performing the following key responsibilities:
How you will impact WestRock:
To perform this job successfully on first shift (day), an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job..
- Safely execute all job duties as assigned and promote safety & safety program throughout the facility.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence according with Golden Broom Program.
- Maintain full compliance with GMPs
- Maintain and execute maintenance work order program.
- Ensure all scheduled preventative maintenance for facility equipment is completed.
- Ensure all required parts and supplies are maintained for maximum equipment up-time with proper approval.
- Responsible for the building, infrastructure and surrounding grounds are clean, safe, and provide a secure environment for all employees.
- Manage all parts and tool inventories to ensure necessary repairs are completed within minimal equipment downtime.
- Schedule all work through job priority and equipment availability to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all necessary jobs and safety training is completed and documented as required.
- Ensure all department documents are completed timely and accurately.
- Work 12-hour shifts and overtime as determined by customer demand or other mitigating factors.
What you need to exceed:
- 3-5 years supervisory experience managing a team of maintenance techs/mechanics. Experience should include mechanical and/or electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or GED; college degree preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Prior work experience in a corrugated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of all equipment.
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude for all related manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of general safety and health programs.
- Ability to effectively manage time and people.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veteran